By using equipment or materials that belong to the Stan Getz Library and the Learning Center, you agree to the rules and regulations below:
- You are a currently-enrolled student, alum, faculty and/or staff with a valid Berklee or ProArts ID. (No other forms of ID will be accepted.)
- Berklee Alumni IDs are available at the Alumni Affairs Office (899 Boylston Street, 3rd Floor).
- Photo, name, and barcode on ID must be readable.
- There is a four-hour time limit for workstations when there is a waiting list.
- When there is a waiting list, Alumni/Faculty/Staff will be asked to give up their workstation.
- When there is a waitlist, please only use the workstations for academic related activities.
- During midterm/finals week no alum, faculty or staff IDs will be accepted.
- If you are absent from your station for more than fifteen minutes your belongings will be removed and the station given to another student.
- No food or drinks will be allowed in the Learning Center labs. You must leave your drink in the trays located outside of each labs.
- Phone calls (including web-based calling i.e. via Skype, Messenger, FaceTime) are prohibited in the Learning Center labs. Step out to make a phone call.
- Altering the lab station set up (cabling, signal routing, etc) is prohibited.
- The Stan Getz Library & Learning Center workstations may not be used to access offensive materials such as pornography.
- Users are not permitted to download/install any programs without a Stan Getz Library & Learning Center staff member's permission.
- Downloading torrent files is prohibited. Downloading commercially available files (software, music, video, etc) is not only against Stan Getz Library & Learning Center/Berklee policy but also against U.S. Federal law.
- If you need to attach another piece of hardware to a lab station or other facility here, please ask a Stan Getz Library & Learning Center staff member for assistance.
- Use of acoustic or semi-acoustic instruments is not allowed in the Learning Center labs, if you need to record at a workstation please use an electric instrument and be considerate of those working around you.
- Please be courteous of those working around you. Do not sing, hum, or tap along with your music.
- The Stan Getz Library & Learning Center is not responsible for items brought with you to the Stan Getz Library & Learning Center. Please be aware of your personal items.
- The Stan Getz Library & Learning Center is not responsible for items saved on the iMac hard drives. These files could be erased at any time.
- The Stan Getz Library & Learning Center does not provide tech support over the phone or by e-mail. Questions involving home setup should be directed to the appropriate tech support for those related companies.
- Lab Monitors are available for short questions. If the questions are longer and deal with learning the programs, Peer Training sessions are available.
- The Stan Getz Library & Learning Center is not responsible for the repercussions of personal email, bank, or other accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. being left open on lab computers. Please make sure to log out of these accounts before leaving the station as any changes made by unauthorized parties cannot be monitored.
- Scheduled classes take priority over individual computer use. During classes students will be moved to available stations or put on the waiting list for the next available station.
- Printing is managed by the campus printing services. Contact the student computer support center for support.
Item & equipment circulation
- Students are allowed to check out up to 10 scores, books, and learning DVDs for three weeks and 10 DVDs and CDs for seven days. Reserve items are allowed to be checked out for 2 hours.
- Scores, books, and learning DVDs that are not on reserve can be renewed and placed on hold if no copies are currently available. All non-reserve media items may be placed on hold, regardless of their current availability.
- Library fines will be charged for overdue, lost, or damaged items and actual amount varies.
- All Berklee libraries will charge a $5 a day overdue fine for items that are Reserve, Equipment (including some accessories), Conservatory performance library and Conservatory chamber reserve.
- All items, reserve and non-reserve, will be subject to lost fees if not returned after 90 days from check out date, or for being returned in a damaged condition. For each lost or damaged item the fees are: $15 processing fee; replacement fee of $50 or higher for expensive items.
- Annex and Media Center requests may take 24 to 48 hours to process.
- Sleeping in the Stan Getz Library & Learning Center is not allowed.
- Amplified music in the Stan Getz Library and & Learning Center is not allowed.
- Please refer to the complete Berklee College of Music User Policy and the Berklee College of Music Student Conduct Policy
Core Music Tutoring Regulations
- Tutoring is only available to currently enrolled students.
- A student can have only one tutoring session per week.
- More than one session may be available to students with learning disabilities.
- Only one excused or unexcused absence is allowed during the semester.
Peer Training Regulations
- Peer Training sessions are not recurring. Once you have the session, you will need to sign up again if you want more training.
- If you sign up for a peer trainer and you can't make the session, please make sure you cancel it via the link sent to you in the confirmation e-mail.
- If you miss more than 2 sessions without notification, you will not be allowed to sign up for more peer training sessions without having your suspension cleared by the Learning Center lab manager after discussing about the matter.
- A student can have only one peer training session per week.
Training Session Regulations
- If you sign up for a session and need to cancel for some reason, please cancel via the link sent to you in the confirmation e-mail.
- If you have signed up for a session and do not attend without notification, you will need to contact the LC office in order to sign up for another session.
- If the training sessions do not occur during a time that is suitable for your schedule, you may discuss this with a Learning Center staff person and try to make other arrangements.
Violating the Stan Getz Library & Learning Center regulations may result in a loss of privileges in the use of the Stan Getz Library & Learning Center and the Media Lab. This includes, but is not limited to, loss of privileges for a specified period of time.